Seed to Table Fundraising Campaign 2016 – We need your help!
- $25-$50 – “plant a seed” – free seed packet to pick up at farm during our spring plant sale
- $100 – “see it sprout” – free 4-pack of your choice of veggie to be picked up at the farm during our spring plant sale
- $250 – “watch it bloom” – free Project GROWS t-shirt (adult and kid sizes available), 4-pack of veggies at Project GROWS’ spring plant sale and get entered to win a gift pack of seeds for a pollinator garden, generously donated by Turtle Tree Seeds (5 to 7 seed packs full of pollinator plants! – only two available!)
- $50 per month – sponsors an entire 50 foot row of veggies and includes a placard to be placed on the farm – can be donated in your name, in honor or in memory of another. Also includes entry into the pollinator garden gift pack drawing.
- $100 per month – includes 2 tshirts, 2 tickets to our fall gala, a sponsored row, and entry into the pollinator gift pack drawing.
- $500 per month – 2 tshirts, a full 18 week CSA, 2 tickets to our fall gala, a private cooking class (up to 5 participants) with local chef including a fresh local meal, and one $50 gift certificate to be used at the Waynesboro and/or North Augusta farmers markets.
***DONATE NOW – **
What your donation supports:
One of the many lessons we teach to kids who visit the farm is the process of turning a tiny seed into vegetables they can eat. To do this, we have the kids play a game that requires them to pretend to be a seed, then a sprout, and finally a mature flowering plant. We also take them through the farm to show them each step of this plant life cycle in action. The sense of amazement on a 2nd graders face when they realize that the tiny nub coming out of a flower will in a few weeks’ time grow into a full sized green bean is a connection that child, and our staff, will never forget.
This year, Project Grows invites you to be a part of this seed to table process by supporting us with your individual donations. Just like on the farm, giving levels start with planting a seed and continue all the way to up putting this food on a hungry child’s plate. Last year, Project Grows grew over 50,000 pounds of food and reached over 3,000 youth. With your support we can double our food production and continue to bring hands-on garden based education and access to local, sustainably produced, healthy foods to more youth in the valley. Please join us in improving the health of youth by helping Project Grows make this seed to table process a reality.
Volunteer Work Parties
Come party in the dirt with the Project GROWS team! Boogie down alongside your friendly neighborhood tomato to music and have plain ol’ fun! The Project GROWS work parties are about getting things done on the farm site, but they are also about building community – so please come just to hang out, sit at a table and do homework, participate in the potluck, or to stop in and say hello! (Actually, stop in and say hello whenever you see us out in the field).
WHEN: Every Thursday afternoon, 2 PM – 6PM starting April 1, through September. Come when you want, stay as long as you want.
It is preferred that groups of 8 or more volunteer or tour the Farm by appointment. When you come to one of our volunteer workdays as part of a group, we want you to have a great Project GROWS experience. For this reason, we ask that your group arrive promptly at the beginning of their volunteer time or tour day, follow the “What to Bring” instructions, and that your group stay to help with the work we will be doing that day. At the very beginning of your time with Project GROWS, we will provide your group an orientation tour to the Farm and to the work that will be done that day. Saturdays are available by appointment only.
Please contact Sam, sam[at]projectgrows[dot]org.
Be sure to know the following:
RAIN POLICY: Look out your window! If it’s raining, there will be no work party. We will do our best to update our Facebook page with any cancellations.
DON’T FORGET TO BRING:
- Water Bottle
- Sturdy Shoes
- Jacket with layered clothing underneath
♥ always walk when in the garden
♥ stay on paths
♥ always ask before using a tool or handling any crop or animal
♥ respect each other, the plants, and animals at the farm
Volunteer 15 hours or 5 Thursdays in a row and get a Project GROWS t-shirt
Volunteer 100+ HRS get Market Credit to Project GROWS Farmers Market
Get in touch
Contact us at (804)690-3369 if you’d like more information.
DONATE NOW by visiting http://www.projectgrows.org/join-us/.You may have years of experience growing produce, cooking healthy meals, or working on a farm. We encourage you to get involved. For more information, please contact jenna[at]projectgrows[dot]org